Copyright

All material is the property of the artists and their respective clients. All rights reserved. Any commercial use of any portion of this website is strictly prohibited.

Wednesday, December 9

Gort

This image got me into trouble, thanks to AICN. It's cheesy, but I still like it. Did this while doing previz on Day the Earth Stood Still.



Despite what people have said to me, I had not seen (nor particularly wanted to see) the new Battlestar Galactica show when I drew this, so it was not inspired by the Cylon critters. Though, after stomaching the series finale, I do see the resemblance.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous12/10/2009

    way cooler than the BSG cylons and infinitely fresher in your design. theirs really were anthropomorphized toasters, this is a fresh mech.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, anonymous poster; aside from the people who were in the room when I drew it, yours are the most complimentary remarks.

    Myself and several others were a little peeved that Gort was flailing off into left field, so this was more of a reactionary sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This blog is pretty great! I'd love to contribute to this blog! is this blog open to new contributors?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bags,

    Glad you like the blog! I regards to joining, right now it's being kept a pretty close-nit group of friends and co-workers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lorin, let me contribute, or I'll throw my stylus at you... ;P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice Design.) Great blog by the way.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep comments constructive. The artists contributing to the blog are doing so for everyone's mutual benefit.