Copyright

All material is the property of the artists and their respective clients. All rights reserved. Any commercial use of any portion of this website is strictly prohibited.

Wednesday, October 17

Submersible Mech

It's my first time posting here. I feel very honored to be part of this blog with so many amazing artists!

Sub mech background story:

Imagining a scenario where the space exploration keeps going in an accelerated rate and in the future human kind could land on Jupiter's moon Europa, since many scientists believe Europa contains liquid water under the thick ice layer. The Nautillus probe is designed to be deployed on the freezing water and explore the depth of the moon ocean after another probe deploys a highly advanced drill to go through almost 1 mile of ice (I'm planning on design that as well). I posted more renders and some images of the process I used to develop this design on my blog  http://faustodemartini.blogspot.com/ 



Deployment of the stabilization legs system:



Cheers!!



17 comments:

  1. Amazing work Fausto! Welcome aboard!

    I would also like to say you have the greatest first name!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the invite Lorin, super stoked to be part of this blog. Glad you like my name too ;)

      Delete
  2. So insane....
    I know it's not about the software but the artist, but I still have to ask. Sketchup? 3ds? Can you explain the process of creating subtle geometric ribbing/relief details over curved surfaces as in the arms (attlas relief)

    Thanks!
    -Vaughan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man! I used 3Ds, Photoshop and VRay to create this piece. For the Attlas arm, I created some splines using the ribbed shape, extruded then curved to the shape of the surface below. I then attached and used a boolean operation to cut the shape around the Attlas leters. Very simple techniques that work well when looking at everything at the same time :)

      Cheers!

      Delete
    2. Thanks for sharing! Look forward to seeing more designs

      Delete
  3. One of the best mechs I've seen. It's so believable and so aesthetically cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much appreciated! Your mechs are awesome man! I really liked the vehicle designs you have in your blog :)

      Delete
  4. excellent! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks so real. As if it's a scale model :) Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Michiel! Thanks so much, very glad you liked!

      Delete
  6. Fuck yeah - amazing work man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Greg! It's truly an honor that you liked the Sub. I've been a huge fan of your work for a while and I was very impressed when I saw what you did on District 9. Truly amazing. Your work is a true inspiration for me :)

      Delete
    2. You've made me blush. Looking forward to seeing more of your stuff.

      Delete
    3. :) Much appreciated!

      Delete
  7. Very cool, great details!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep comments constructive. The artists contributing to the blog are doing so for everyone's mutual benefit.